Your thoughts on 3D please
Last few months were very busy for me, but I did do some stuff that might proof usefull to the further development of TRAX: I have done some other projects involving 3D coding for the web and I've learned 3D modelling using Blender.
This made me reconsidder adding a 3D mode to TRAX and I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Some requirements I drew up myself are:
- 3D mode should not just be a view-only, but also allow full edit features.
- I want it to look nice and stylized, not blocky. I was thinking about a cell shaded style (Like the borderland games)
- It should be especially useful for the height and terrain creation tools.
- It should be very intuitive switching between 2D and 3D.
- Later on, it should be the basis for the TRAX railroad game.
- it should perform smooth on any modern device
What do you think? Should I spend time on this? Or should I first do the DCC control suite I promissed?
Do you see the 3D version to be similar to SketchUp.app ? In the pro version one can create video files as they move through their landscapes and buildings. If the DCC control suite takes less time I would suggest you work on that and then the 3D mode. Either way your work on this site is nice, thank you!