Everywhere, anytime AND on any device
- Works in all popular web browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
- You can use TRAX on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
- TRAX is the only layout planning tool that also works on mobile devices like iPads and Android devices.
Easy to use
- Easy dragging and attach track sections
- Detach track sections by double clicking between them.
- Bend flextrack any way you want and fine tune the curves manually using handles.
- Move tables and modules with anything on it at once.
- Switch between multiple track libraries with ease.
- Zoom in or out with the scroll wheel or the pinching gesture on touch screens.
- Move the editor working area by dragging it.
- Help function available in the editor (please allow popups)
- Over a 100 track libraries available.
- Units: Choose between metric and imperial
- Color coding: Use colors for separate sections. Complete with legend
- Toolbox: Rotate track sections, make bridges and tunnels.
- Working area over 1000x1000 miles or even more.
- Selection tool: select all items in given area.
- Pins: pin down track to prevent moving.
- Insert straight track by entering length.
- Insert curved track by entering radius and angle.
- Automatic parallel tracks.
- Tables: Draw tables in any shape you like.
- Checking mode: Let TRAX help you checking for tight curves and parallel tracks that are too close.
- Scalable background: use screenshots from google Maps, aerial photography or a satelite image to model from prototype or as a terrain backdrop.
Output & Sharing
- Save your work to the cloud, open it on any device you have at your disposal.
- Local backups made every 10 minutes.
- Item list specyfying all items used
- Make snapshots of your design and save it as png, jpg or gif.
- Share your design. Get comments from fellow TRAX-users or allow others to copy it.
- A viewer that allows you to embed your layout design on your own website or on model railroad forums.
- Share layouts you like with your friends using Twitter-, Facebook- and Google+buttons.
- Create groups for your friends or club and work together on the same layout.
Oh yes, and did we mention it is 100% Free? Forever!
- Measurements, annotations and comments.
- Scenery and vector drawing.
- Pathfinder: this feature will connect two sections automatically.
- SnippetLib: save fragments from your design for later use and share them with other users.
- Electric wiring planning.
...and much more...
Available track programs
For a list of all track programs supported by TRAX, click the link below:
Supported track programs*
This list is generated automatically and is always up to date. If your favorite track program is not available, please send us a message and we will try to include it if sufficient information is available.